There are huge amounts of research relating to Men with depression. We have gathered a few of the most important statistics to help you realise.
1. How common depression is in Men
2. You are not alone
3. There is light at the end of the tunnel
• Mixed anxiety and depression is the most common mental disorder in Britain
• Women are more likely to have been treated for a mental health problem than men
• Fishing is the most popular hobby in the UK
• 30% of all GP visits in the UK concern mental health problems
• Mental health problems cost the UK
economy more than crime – almost 100 Billion pounds
• 543 Britons visited A and E in the last 2 years after opening bottles of beer with their teeth.
• Depression is the leading cause of disability in the world
• People in a poor physical condition are more likely to suffer from mental health problems
• Doctors are less likely to diagnose Men with Depression than Women.
• In 2006 the British public donated a total of £20m to donkey sanctuaries.
• 75% of suicides in the UK are by Men